Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Huts

There are an amazing variety of huts at Kufunda. Below are a few - I haven't included the dining hut, pre-school, plant lab, dare (meeting place) and other personal huts.


Above is where I've been staying since I arrived at Kufunda - the men's dorm, although I'm the only occupant. It's divided into three rooms and has electricity, when the power's on.


The kitchen - again, I'm the only one using it. The outdoor section is in the front half, with two hearths and a built in bench around three walls. Inside is the ancient industrial electric range, which takes 15 minutes to warm up and has no temperature control, only on/off.





The office. Satellite dish at left is for internet.



Admire's house. Two story thatched. Not really a hut I guess.




And this is hopefully where I'm moving into, a hut of my own! The first hut I've ever seen with a dormer window :)

No comments:

Post a Comment